Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yogurberry (Jardins)

Yogurberry
Alameda Lorena 1428
Jardins
http://www.yogurberry.com/

A few years ago, my friend, Tracy, took me to Pinkberry in LA. Pinkberry was calling itself "frozen yogurt", but there was some controversy over whether or not it WAS actually yogurt (live culture count, science talk, etc.). I don't remember the details, but just wikipedia-d it and found out that Pinkberry changed their recipe to meet the "yogurt standard" in April of 2008. That being said, I was excited to see the appearance of a similar franchise in my favorite neighborhood.

Not much on the menu...Original Yogurt or Green Tea...small, medium, large....and your choice of fresh fruit on top. The best words I can use to describe it? Healthy, delicious, refreshing. You can enjoy a frozen treat without all of the guilt that usually goes along with dessert at the end of the night.

The storefront itself is tiny, the lighting is bright, and the seating is limited. My suggestion: Get a large and take it to go...you'll be craving more by the time you get back to the Metro.

Pros: Zero fat, fresh fruit, "good bacteria", 100% natural

No comments:

Post a Comment