Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lanchonete da Cidade (Jardins)

Al Tietê, 104
Multiple Locations
http://www.lanchonetedacidade.com.br/

I don't LOVE this place, but I like it a lot. It's fun. It's spacious. There are always romantic couples, groups of business men, families with young kids, and tables of teenagers out on the town hanging out at this throwback 50s diner-type restaurant. The burgers are okay...I tend to get the Bom Bom every time I go. It's a tasty burger on a nice French bun. But really, the best reason to go to LdC are the fries and onion rings. Specifically, the Rustic Potatoes (Batatas Rusticas on the menu) are crispy fried rounds surrounded by rosemary and roasted garlic. I could (and have) eaten an entire portion all by myself. The onion rings are also really special...little and crispy. Save some to put on your burger, if you can...although it might be not be possible b/c they are so delicious. I am pretty sure that there are better burgers in town, but for a big group of people (and even vegetarians!), this is a fun place to head out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment