Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sottozero (Jardins)

Multiple Locations
http://www.sottozero.com.br/


I admit, I was a skeptic. I am an ice cream snob and I really hate BAD, artificial-tasting fake ice cream. So when Sottozero was suggested over my fave place to get something cold for dessert, I went kicking and screaming. I'm glad we took the long walk down Augusta. :)

First, Sottozero isn't ice cream. It's Italian Gelato. In Austin, Texas, I was loyal to Teo, the local gelataria that I believe has the best gelato in the city. Sottozero, although a chain, and not quite as quaint or homey, has 5x as many flavors. I didn't taste all of them, but there wan't a bad one that I did taste.

Mostly, I was interested in the "natural yogurt" flavor, because that's the Yogurberry taste I am into these days. While the texture was different, the taste was quite similar. And for 9 Reais, you can get a lot more for your money. I'm not exactly sure how natural it is, but it tasted pretty fresh. I would definitely get it again. I complemented it with mango, which was, literally, like eating a mango. It was a perfect dessert.

There is a location in Shopping Ibirapuera among other places around the city, and I will definitely head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment